Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A weekend of running

Ok, my weekend of running was only two days but it was two more days than I had feared. One day I will bore this blog with all of the house drama that has unfolded in my life over the last two months and has recently replaced family health issues and work as the number two cause of missed run -- sadly, my own complacency still ranks as number one. Anyway, I was up to my eyeballs in house controversy on Thursday and Friday, pushing off my running. Saturday was raining and an extended period of time to spend with the family so it was up to Sunday and Monday. I got out an easy 5K on Sunday evening once everyone was asleep. I finished in about 20:30. The splits were all over the place. On Monday, I once again got out when the girls were off in la-la land. I had every intention of running 10K but about 750 metres into the run I noticed I was lighter than normal. I had forgotten my water bottle. Argh. Without any water, there was no way I was going to run 10K. I opted for 8K and ended up very thankful that I did because that large Second Cup coffee and one and a half biscotti did not sit well on the return trip down the trail. I ended up finishing a bit over 34 minutes. Again my splits were horribly inconsistent, partly due to a brutal headwind on the way out. They ranged from 4:15 to 4:30 back to 4:12 to 4:25 to 4:08. But I ran and that made me happy.

No comments: