Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday night run

Sadly, this is the last day of my vacation. But I did get a 5K run in this evening. It isn't the 30K that I had planned, but that was scuttled earlier this week. I was out for a planned 12K run on Thursday and after 3.8K I felt something twig in the back of my left quad, I ran for another 100 metres and then the twig turned into a pop. For those who don't follow my made-up lingo for leg pains, the pop hurt a lot. I stopped, massaged it out, made it to 4K and realized I was turning around. I slowed my pace down by about a full minute and just aimed at getting home. Friday I had scheduled a 10K run with a friend and I had to do it, we had cancelled about six times. The first 3K felt manageable but the last 4K (I wasn't tempting fate) was stiff. I took Saturday off and ran tonight. I can feel it back there but whatever was injured isn't hurting too much. I'm really hoping it isn't anything serious because I've finally been stitching together some decent training weeks.

No comments: