Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let's try this blogging thing again

I'm not promising to be a daily blogger again, mainly because my training is not nearly as consistent as it should be right now. But I'm ashamed how long this blog has been silent. I need motivation. So here goes nothing:
It's an offday for me, which is actually good timing considering the deluge of rain. I ran 25K yesterday, my longest run so far as I ramp up for my planned fall marathon. (I will still believe that when I see the bib pinned to my running shirt.) My training has been sporadic over the past months, but I'm getting out four to five times a week lately. My split times aren't where they should be, in fact I'm quote disturbed by how they are not falling faster. But the most encouraging part of my Monday run was how relatively free I am today of any tightness in my legs. Perhaps a small sign of progress. At this point, I'll take any glimmer of hope.
I'm struggling to remember how I coped with running in the rain every day when I lived in B.C. It seems like such a chore now.

No comments: