Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another 8K in the books

Mondays are normally my rest days but considering I took almost all of last week off and Saturday, I felt that my legs could handle skipping my rest day. So I went out for another leisurely 8K keeping in mind that Tuesday is my speed day and I want to do six or eight 800 repeats. I felt a lot stronger on Monday's run than Sunday's run but I tried to keep the pace relaxed. I finished in a shade over 35 minutes, so about 35 seconds faster than the night before. It was a fantastic night for a run, the air was cool, there wasn't much wind and I had a decent amount of light out. I'm starting to get worried about my shoes. They should have been replaced a few months ago but I thought I could postpone it due to my sorry March/April/May running schedule. Sadly, I think the time has come to retire them pretty darn quickly.

No comments: