Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Building the confidence

Monday night turned into a very good running night for me. Derrick gave, what I thought was, a very informative shoe lecture at our clinic. I've bought a gazillion pairs of shoes but I always learn something new at these clinics. We went out for a 3k recovery run and everyone looked really strong. I can see the confidence levels of all the runners rising, perfect timing for May 14.
I had a great 9k run home after the clinic. I finished in 36:41. The best part of the run was how strong I felt from beginning to end. The pace was strong but I only really pushed for the last 600m or so. Adding another kilometre at that pace would have brought me under my 2005 PB. Who knows what would happen in a race but I feel so far my training is getting me to where I want to be for the start of race season. My first race is Sunday in Grande-Digue ... The nerves are building.

No comments: