Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New running partner

We had a major milestone in our family this week. Elle started walking. I'm talking about real walking and not just a step here and there. She is consistently putting 10 or more steps together. I'm one proud papa. Perhaps I may have a new running partner soon!
Now onto some current running thoughts.
I had some terrible timing with my medical insurance provider. After running pain-free for a few months, I've noticed a small tug in my hamstring, similar to the feeling that eventually led to my pre-RVM injury. But I just got a bill from Dennis's office and apparently the BNI HR person didn't understand my policy and advised me that increasing my monthly payment would mean my physio would be totally covered. Turns out I need to fork out $175 and I've reached my annual cap for that therapist. I can only hope that upon seeing my original referral from a orthopedic surgeon that they will waive the fee. Grrrr. I'm not impressed.
Anyway, I just got back from a speed session. I did 3x1 mile. Sadly I was terribly inconsistent. This is the first time I've ever done such a session, I've done mile repeats before but it was on a road with hills, this was on a flat trail. My first repeat was 5:53. I totally slacked off on my second mile, which registered in 6:10. My final split came in at 5:32, I was adament I wasn't going to make the same mistake as the previous mile.
What always bugs me about speed sessions is in the middle of the repeat I can't push any harder and within a few seconds on my recovery lap, I'm feeling like a slacker.

1 comment:

JGC Photography said...

Dan, I can tell you that you're no slacker buddy.