Thursday, May 18, 2006

The clock is ticking on the Ottawa half-marathon

In eight days I will be boarding the bus to Ottawa. I'm starting to get nervous, which is uncharateristic for me. I haven't updated the blog lately because I've been really busy at home. I'm starting to get a tad concerned about my training or lack thereof. My 10K was fine, but I'm worried about keeping my pace for 21K. What I found with both the 15K and 10K race is my feet really start feeling sore around 8K, which isn't a problem when you are racing 10K but for 21K that could get very annoying. I don't think it is a problem with my Asics, my fear is that I just haven't logged enough distance so far. I've been sticking to this "tabloid training" schedule pretty closely and I'm just a bit concerned that I didn't put in enough aerobic runs early on. I've done one 20K, and three 16K or longer runs, but I wish I had a few more under my belt.

No comments: