Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Second to last run before ING Ottawa Half Marathon

I missed my run last night as my wife and I went out for our anniversary dinner. It was a fantastic night out by ourselves, so I'm not at all worried about pushing my run by a few hours.
Undaunted I got up this morning for my first morning run in months. It was really quite nice outside, it was light out, there were tons of walkers and a few runners, not to mention a couple newspaper delivery people. I did my 4x400 intervals with a 10 minute warm-up and five-minute cool down. Splits went something like 79 seconds, 72 seconds, 76 seconds, 79 seconds. The last one fooled me because I thought I was really giving it but that's what Mr. Garmin said, so who am I to argue at 6:10 a.m.? The run felt quite good actually. The only downside is I've developed this bizarre shoulder/back/neck problem over the weekend -- perhaps a combo of too much lawn mowing, weed pulling, daughter carrying, etc -- and it's really causing me problems. For one it's not allowing me to sleep comfortably and it is throwing off my rhythm as I run because it's hindering my arm movement. Bizarre.
 

No comments: