Saturday, May 20, 2006

Eight days to NCM half-marathon

A busy day in the New Brunswick capital, well, if busy is relative I guess. My wife and I took turns napping while the other took care of the baby. We hit the local garden centre and picked up some plants and continued painting the downstairs playroom. I took Elle and Belle for a 5K walk around the neighbourhood in our jogger stroller. I'm still getting used to walking with it, but I did a few short running sessions. It is a great ride though, she is a huge fan (and so is her papa).
After everyone went to bed, I went out for a 13K run at 4:19 min/k. I was supposed to do 10K today but I've been feeling guilty about my lack of mileage so I upped it a tad. My Garmin was not helping tonight, I had about five or six periods where it had weak signal.  My splits were totally unhelpful, which was unfortunate considering I wanted to run even splits. I had a few sub 3-min/K and trust me, they were not that fast, as well I had a few splits over 4:30 min/k and they weren't that slow. When I finished the run, I knew I had plenty in the tank. That boosted the ego a bit.
So the long-range forecast has Ottawa at 25 degrees for Sunday. Hmm. I'm typically not a great hot-weather runner, so the only three words that come to mind are: Bring it on

1 comment:

JGC Photography said...

Dan, good luck when you're here in Ottawa. James.