Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Monday everyone

It's Monday, which means it's my rest day. I had a rather eventfully uneventful weekend. I missed my run on Saturday, preparing for some long-awaited guests. I was about to duck out for a quick speed session just as the phone rang saying they arrived in Oromocto. Alas, the run was thwarted. It was great seeing them so I happily postponed my run.
Last night I went out for my 15K LSD, finished with average splits of 4:31 min/k. I'm juggling my routes a bit so I'm not always running on flat trails. I inserted a few hills last night, so I saw my splits range from 4:51 going up a hill to 3:43 going down a hill. Going downhill is fun! I felt great throughout the run, so I was happy. I had to wait until the humidity and heat died down a bit so I didn't get home until 9:45 p.m., which is almost my bed time!
It's a rest day today. My quads/calves are a bit tight.
I scanned the finishing times at the George Gallant 10K in Shediac on Saturday, the race I intended to run. Looks like there was a speedy crowd. I would have loved to run with them but that's life. I can't wait for Bouctouche in two weeks.
 

No comments: