Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wednesday and Thursday

I went out for another noon-hour run on Wednesday. It is sizzling in Fredericton this week. I made sure I put a double dose of sunscreen on before I left for my run. I'm supposed to be running a 10K race on Saturday, so I wanted to get my tempo run in today, instead of tomorrow. Before my last 10K race, I gave myself two full rest days and I PB'd so I'm going to see if it is a new trend.
Thankfully I had no incidents with bees. The trails were rather busy considering how hot it was. My splits were all over the place today, I had very little consistency. Overall, I'm ok with my time considering the heat.
Distance: 8K
Time: 32:36
Ave. split: 4:04
Ave HR: 176bpm

As for today, it's a rest day for me. I've noticed lately that I'm developing a pain in my right quad. It has flared up around 20 minutes into a few of my recent runs but it has stuck with me overnight. It isn't debilitating by any stretch but it is sore. The pain is in the back, middle of my quad. I know I need to stretch more but I'm not sure that is the sole solution. Hopefully it won't bother me on Saturday.

No comments: