Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Another 10K under my belt

After all the girls were asleep last night I managed to get out for a 10K run. I kept it slow so not to aggravate my right hamstring. I finished in 44 minutes and felt strong the entire time. My HR remained consistent, leading me to believe that I didn't lose a lot of my conditioning during my September running hiatus and last week's events. I have come to the conclusion that I really need a new pair of shoes. I'm hoping that is what is causing my pain and not another overuse injury, mainly because I haven't ran a lot lately and if I'm getting injured now that is a bad omen for my marathon training.
My goal is still to run the Legs for Literacy half-marathon in Moncton on Nov. 5. But before I register I want to get in a good long run. I've done 15K and that felt fine but I still haven't got in my 20K run that I have scheduled a few times. I may try tonight or tomorrow night if I get done my work earlier and can leave immediately after the girls go down. I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: