Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wednesday night rain

I definitely did not pick a good week for running. The other night it was wind and tonight it was rain. To be honest, it was not a constant downpour but it was enough to drench me and make for slippery footing.
I opted for a 7K tempo. In an effort to stay injury free I've kept my paces down recently. The flip side to that, I'm finding now that it is harder to gear up for a faster paced run. I thought I was going at a good clip for my first K but then I was told it was 4:26. That is what I do on longer runs not tempos. That is 26 seconds off my short tempo pace. The 7K was finished in 29:57, giving me an average split of 4:17. That is normally slow but I've been running the loop with some steady inclines which accounts, partially, for the slower times. My ave HR was 171 BPM. A bit high but I'll take it.
Now when will I do that 20K?

No comments: