Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day runners!

I'm not sure if Saint Valentine was a runner, but I assume he was. All those endorphins must have stimulated, ahem, our good saint. But I digress. Last week was the opening of the legislature, which meant my running really suffered. I missed my Tuesday night class because that coincided with the Speech from the Throne. I didn't get out until Friday, which was a 5K tempo. I finished in 20:48 or so, which was a bit slow for my normal pace but I was happy considering the long lay off and the rough conditions. I got out for my long run on Saturday night. I intended to run 20K but I stopped at 19K because I was running loops of the neighbourhood and I just couldn't stomach running down Goodine one more time. And on Sunday, Elle and I went out with the group for 9K. They all did 10K, but Elle decided she wanted to take off her gloves around 7K and didn't want to put them back on, so I cut the run a bit short and just met up with everyone after the run. And finally, last night was our running group, so I got in our 4K run. There is supposed to be a storm tonight but I'm really hoping to get in another run.

No comments: