Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Monday run

I took the day off work on Monday, thanks to a lot of built up overtime from the last few weeks. It was a wonderfully relaxing day, where I played with Izzie and reintroduced myself to my wife. In the evening, when everyone was in bed I tried my first "speed" workout in quite some time. I opted for 3x800 to get myself back in the swing of things. My running has been sporadic at best recently, so I just wanted to see how things would go. The snow, ice and wind conspired against me at a few points but in the end I'm glad I got out.
My 800M splits were 2:59, 3:15 (ran into a fierce headwind) and 3:05. My 800M splits are normally low 2:50s but I'll take them on a night like last night.
My lack of serious running in the last two weeks may take me out of the running for Ottawa. I still have to make a final decision but I don't want to travel all the way there for a race that I'm not prepared to run.

No comments: