Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Speed session

Well sadly, but predictably, my weekly long run was shelved again. I'm starting to have a real anxiety about training for a marathon but not running anything over 15K, but that's for another day. I still am not feeling 100 per cent from whatever cold I contracted last week, but I figured I could at least breath last night, so I went out for my scheduled 6x800. I once read about Yasso's 800s. Yasso is this amazing marathon runner, who professes that if you can run eight or 10 800m repeats at a consistent pace that will predict your marathon time. So if you can run three-minute 800s, you can run a three-hour marathon. So last night, I aimed for three-minute 800s. I averaged that, but I wasn't as consistent as I had hoped: 2:56, 2:58, 3:02, 2:57, 3:02 and 3:04. I was seriously running on empty on the last split, I thought my time would be significantly faster when the alarm rang.

No comments: