Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Post marathon high

The last week I have been on this euphoric runner's high. After a few days I stopped re-running RVM in my head and have set my sights on 2006. When I start setting goals for myself I become overwhelmed with this unexplainable, child-like glee. It is rather odd.
Although I have my eyes on Ottawa, I am searching to find Canada's fastest marathon.
If my training plans hold true, I'd like to run the half-marathon in Fredericton, Ottawa full marathon, Marathon By The Sea (half) and perhaps the Moncton marathon. My marathon goal obviously is to BQ. I would like to get my half-marathon down close to 1:20:00. It seems like a steep challenge but I figure I need to trim my 42.2K time by nine minutes so a similar cut to my half time should be somewhat possible.
As for the 10K, my goal remains to break 40 minutes. I still believe I was in good enough shape to do it before my hamstring and toe injury but that is life.
Anyway the last few days all I have pictured is me running across finishing mats, getting wrapped in those thermal blankets and looking up at stunning PBs. Is that silly?

No comments: