Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday night rain

I got back from my Saturday LSD. Well, kinda. My marathon training schedule of the moment said 14K but I ended up curtailing the run a tad. At around 6K it started pouring and I started to spot lightning in the distance. At that point, I knew I wasn't going to get the full 14K in but I thought I'd run loops around my neighbourhood to see if the weather got worse and if it did I could make a bee-line for home. I ended up running 13K with an average of 4:41 min/K. That is in the range that my program is suggesting. Tomorrow is the half-marathon clinic's group run. It's our first long run and the group is heading out for 7K. If the weather is a bit better, I'm hoping to take Elle with me in the jogging stroller.

I ended up getting out for a quick 6K last night. Nothing special, just trying to log some extra kilometres in my tune up phase.

No comments: