Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Back to Monday

A day late, but I figure, heck it’s my blog, who is going to criticize me for posting a Monday run report on Tuesday?
Monday was incredibly hectic. I had to race down to Saint John to cover the PUB hearings and then turn around and file before the RR clinic. To put my time constraints in proper context, I was transcribing interviews in the car as CAG drove. I finished just in time to make it to the clinic on time. I thought the session went well, I always enjoy talking about training programs and goal setting. We had several new members show up, I’m really excited about this clinic.
We went out on a 4K run, which took us from City Hall across the train bridge and back. The wind was picking up as we ran to the bridge, but it really started to gust as we trekked back. I’m really impressed by the progress several of the participants are showing and it is only week two. Very cool. We finished in 25 minutes and change.
As per my new Monday night ritual, once I was finished at the clinic I ran home. My legs were pretty tired considering all the running I had done in the last four days. I started the run slowly, leaving the downtown core, stopping at my office to pick up my keys and then home. Running on Monday nights means I have to run on the road because the trails are too dark along the river. I don’t mind that, however, some parts of the Lincoln Road are dicey. As I made my way home, I found myself picking up the pace a bit, perhaps to get home faster I’m not sure. I finished the 9K in 39:16 with splits of 5:12, 4:26, 4:23, 4:13, 4:20, 4:16, 4:21, 4:21 and 3:42.

No comments: