Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday is tempo time

Ok, it's official, I've really got to figure out the art of the evening run. Our sitter was sick today, so I stayed home with Elle in the morning. We went for a nice 3K walk, it was a wonderful morning. I admit staying at home messed up my entire routine, when it came to eating, coffee, etc. At noon I got pulled away from hanging out with Elle and went to work. When I finally got home and was about to go for my run tonight, I remembered how little I had actually eaten. Undaunted, I went out for my 7K tempo. Overall I'm happy with the run, although it was a bit too dark along the trail for the last 3K, so I was watching my footing more than my pace.
I warmed up with a 5:17 and then finished my run with: 3:53, 4:01, 3:59, 4:01, 4:01, 4:09, 4:08 and 4:03.

No comments: