Sunday, March 19, 2006

Windy Weekend

Sometimes it's difficult to start summarizing a weekend full of running when the weather really transcends all possible descriptions. I accept the fact that neither Saturday not Sunday was like running on a sunny June afternoon, however, it was an amazing time on the trails.
Saturday was a comfortable 12K along the trail from my place. I wanted to get some kilometres into my base, but I'm still trying to keep my mileage down until I get my new shoes. I just couldn't turn down a run when it was so beautiful. It was likely five or six degrees, a stiff breeze and sun reflecting off the St. John River. The trail was still muddy in places, overall however it was just as it will be for the next four months. My only complaint was the darn breeze was strong and in only one direction: in my face. The overall time was 51:57. My splits: 4:12, 4:19, 4:21, 4:18, 4:26, 4:25, 4:20, 4:15, 4:23, 4:14, 4:22 and 4:20.

Sunday morning was a bit colder, but I took our RR clinic across the train bridge for the first time this season. It was our 6K LSD with 10:1s. Everyone looked great all through the run. We had probably 10 runners with us, including two from the last clinic. I didn't take Belle this weekend because I wasn't sure how the group would respond, I don't think it will be a problem next weekend. It was a fabulous run, we brought it in, in about 41 minutes and change.

No comments: