Friday, June 23, 2006

Recent runs

I promised that I'd update everyone as to my recent runs that I've been too busy to blog about. So here goes:
Tuesday: I had an interval session of 4x600m with 600m recovery. My splits were 1:59, 2:01, 2:02 and 2:01. I honestly thought my last split was going to be much faster so I was quite surprised when it popped up as 2:01. I also must admit, I didn't go all out during this session. It was another late night run after a long day at work. I hadn't really eaten much throughout the day so my energy levels were in the basement.
Sunday: I was supposed to go out for a 90-minute run but that didn't happen. I had to work on Sunday plus my daughter decided that sleep was optional. As the evening ticked along, I saw my run get shorter and shorter. Once I got out, I thought I'd do a 5K tempo. While I wouldn't be able to run for 90 minutes, I thought I'd up the effort substantially. According to my log I ended up finishing in 19:12, although my Garmin I thought said 19:23 ... odd. I'll have to check that when I get home. The splits were: 3:51, 3:38, 3:51, 4:04, 3:42. You can tell by my splits where the hillier portion of the course was situated.
Saturday: I have already written extensively on the Dieppe 10K race.
Tuesday, June 3: This was a tough run. I went out for 10 hill repeats. I hadn't done any hill training since February with my RR clinic. So I must say, this really whipped me hard. The first seven hill repeats on Case Road were fine, but eight and nine were killers ... the final one was ok, just because I knew it was the last repeat.
 
Anyway, that is a brief synopsis of my recent running. Unfortunately, I haven't done any great distance running lately. I'm hoping to start getting out for longer sessions now that my work is about to calm down a bit. I love tempo and interval training but it just doesn't offer the same escape that a nice, long trail run gives.

No comments: