Monday, September 19, 2005

22 K and 21 days before RVM

The rain finally relented on Sunday afternoon, it was still misting but the downpour had moved on. So all my excuses for pushing off my LSD were gone. I started at around 3 p.m. and ran along Lincoln Road and turned around at the Diplomat, which is 11 K. According to the clunky RR pedometre that I was carrying, I hit 5 K in 22:30, 10 K in 45:30, turned at 50:13 and finished in 1:42:57. I ate a car-boom espresso gel before I left and then another at around 12 K. I actually enjoyed them, although I will likely stick with Power Bar gels.
It is exactly three weeks until the marathon and I have to admit the nerves are starting to get the better of me. Each time I feel a tweak in a muscle I panic. I'm not sure if I'm ready to run a sub-3:10 marathon and at this point I'm just praying to run a sub-3:30 marathon. Strange as it may seem, but I thought I was in better shape a month ago after the Saint John half marathon.

No comments: