Monday, September 26, 2005

Long weekend

Labour Day is well behind us and Remembrance Day is still off in the distance. That said I faced a long weekend when it came to toe care. I feel silly just saying toe care. In less than two weeks I plan to conquer internal battles and physical barriers by running 26.2 miles, yet the only thing between victory and myself is a small, silly and broken toe.
For the last five days I've iced the toe. I've taped the toe. And I've elevated it while sleeping. Does it feel better? The public answer is: progress is being made. Truthfully, I have no idea. It's like Gary a month ago who thought he was cured of a foot injury so he jumped on his foot to test it out. He quickly became injured again. So I don't want to follow that example.
I went to the YMCA this morning. I rode a bike for 15 minutes. I tried an elliptical machine but after about five minutes I hopped off. It required way too much co-ordination for 6:15 a.m. Finally I hit the Stair Master for 30 minutes. Ho-hum. A very uneventul hour. I'm glad I was active though. I am starting to go stir crazy with all this R&R.
Perhaps after work tomorrow I'll attempt a run around the block.

No comments: