Tuesday, September 13, 2005

This is fun, right?

Blogging while watching Canadian Idol. I think I heard a judge refer to that talent competition as “a marathon.” Hee hee. Right...
Tonight was an easy run after work. I went 7.8K along the trail. The bugs were absolutely terrible. It really disrupts my breathing when I have to hold my breath or start swiping bugs out of my mouth.
I did exactly what I wanted to do tonight. I ran an easy 18:20 on the way out and 18:20 on the way back. I had an average HR of 158 and max of 167. I read a fascinating RW article on runners who run faster when they train at lower intensities. I think I followed that advice tonight.

UPDATE: It turns out I was a tad dehydrated after Sunday's 30K. I ended up dropping five pounds. They came back on Tuesday after a day of eating and drinking.

No comments: