Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend warriors

Blogging during the Superbowl, so I may be distracted. (Go Seahawks!) Anyway, I will try and contain myself.
We had great runs on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was one of those puddle-jumping mornings. We were going out for our second 8K run as a group, but I think at times it appeared as if we were qualifying for the Olympic triple jump. Running down Waterloo Row was crazy. There were mini lakes on the sidewalk that you had to skip around and you really couldn't run on the grass because that was like jogging in a marsh. Once we got back on the roads, life was good. We did the same 8K loop as last week and I think everyone felt stronger the second time around.
On Sunday, we were supposed to head out for 3K but the keeners wanted to head out for 5K, so who was I to argue? The run was great, the weather, however, that is a different story. It is as if I have suddently been transplated in British Columbia. Today it was pouring rain, grey overcast sky and a balmy eight degrees. I'm not going to complain, I would rather run in this temperature than -30, but it is strange. I'm really impressed with how far everyone is coming. The lead pace group banged off steady 5:45 min/Ks, what is even more impressive is the distance between the groups has shrunk. Everyone is improving.

No comments: