Friday, January 27, 2006

Saturday preview

I'm sure this will not be Friday's final post on the blog. But just in case it is, I just wanted to remind any of my Fredericton 10K clinic friends that tomorrow is our Bring-a-Buddy event. If you are struggling on who to bring and whether to choose your spouse, roommate, bus driver or Ken the water guy that you told your goals to on Monday, fear not, they can all come. And they don't have to run the 8K with us if they don't want, obviously you still want them to be your buddy after tomorrow.
Tell them, Derrick MacLeod will be giving an expert lecture -- I hope I'm not overhyping dear Derrick -- on 10K shoe selection. You may be surprised how many people are not in the right shoe and this session may show that you could use a new pair of kicks.

Earlier this week I asked those in the running group to think of some goals after our chat, write them down, stuff them in an envelope and wait for the clinic to end. At that point I thought we could assess the goals to see how far long everyone came.
Anyway, I decided to post my goals instead of putting them in the envelope as an example.
Five Golden Goals
Long-term dream goal: Run the Boston Marathon
Dream goal for season: Run sub-38 10K, run sub-1:25:00 half
Realistic goal for season: Run sub-40 10K, run sub-1:30:00 half
Self-acceptance goal: Run throughout the year, injury free
Daily goal: Get out and have fun

No comments: