Sunday, January 22, 2006

Soaring Saturday

Saturday was a great day. It started with an amazing run and it finished with Elle's first birthday. It may shock some to hear this, but the birthday party was by far the more tiring of the events. The cliche "like herding cats" never really made sense to me until I tried to get two one-year-olds, a two-year-old and a four-year-old into one photograph, tried to feed them chocolate cake and entertain them with toys. Anyway, this is a running blog, I should be writing about running, but I just want to point out that for me the whole concept of multi-tasking has transformed from a new-age technophile business catch-phrase to my life.
Back to the run. We had a good talk about goal setting and designing your own program. Unfortunately about 12 hours after the session, I read a fantastic article in this month's Runner's World that outlined everything I was talking about.
We did a 6K run on Saturday in an amazing 34:16. Everyone is making giant strides, which is perfect timing because the mileage starts to ramp up now.
We did the same route as last Saturday, which was made necessary because I couldn't accurately map last week's run.
Map of Fredericton Running Room -- 6K Loop
Fredericton Running Room -- 6K Loop

No comments: