Monday, January 16, 2006

What a cruel winter joke

Throughout my Sunday morning run I was absolutely gushing about how great the winter was this year in Fredericton. I was drawing comparisons to growing up in Duncan and I cannot count how many times I mentioned that flowers were already blooming at my mother's place. The snow had melted away and the radio was telling me that the temperature was seven degrees. Just to be clear that was seven degrees above zero. And then Mother Nature's cruel sense of humour kicked in. The freezing rain started to pelt down in the mid afternoon and this morning I awoke with the mercury plummeting to -12. To add insult to injury, everywhere I go, I'm slipping on the blanket of ice that has covered the city. Without belabouring the point, suffice to say, I hate winter.
That aside, we had a great Sunday morning run with the Running Room. We did an easy 3K out and back. It was our first run with our mascot, Indy (spelling?), I'm sure Belle will not be impressed to hear that I'm hanging out with another dog on Sunday mornings. After the run, we went to Reid's Newstand (please no one show this blog to Judy from Second Cup) for a coffee and conversation. It was a great morning.

Map of RR -- 3K Out and Back
RR -- 3K Out and Back

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 18 weeks, 6 days 'til Ottawa!!!