Sunday, January 22, 2006

Um, watch out for ice

Now I remember why I never run on sidewalks. The run was not even even two minutes old when I was jogging down the sidewalk on York Street and was just turning left onto Charlotte Street. And then it happened. I'm not sure if I was landing with my right foot or my left, all I remember is one moment I had a nice stride happening and the next moment I was laying flat out on my stomach with my arms underneath me. I did everything necessary to avoid any Monday morning pain, however, that doesn't protect me from a damaged ego. I think that was the first time I was running ahead of the pack and I wiped out. I'm sure that was very reassuring.
We bolted through 3K in 18:12 and retreated to Reid's for a coffee. Coffee was great to soathe a sore ego.
Map of Fredericton Running Room -- 3K Charlotte-University
Fredericton Running Room -- 3K Charlotte-University

No comments: