Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday night session

Tonight was another milestone in my long road to recovery. I did an evening run, in itself not a big deal. But it is the first time I've went out for a night jog since the ill-fated run in November that reinjured my knee. Anyway I went out tonight for 6K. The first 2.7K or so was with Belle and we took it easy. The remaining 3.3K was solo and I opened it up a bit.
I finished in 29:50. My average HR was 169 and split was 4:58. My splits were: 5:11, 5:21, 5:19 (stopped to take Belle into the house), 4:50, 4:32 and 4:27.
Belle runs like I race; bolts out like her fur is on fire and then is dragging herself across the finish line. It would be great if she could start running with me regularly. By running tonight, will get three runs in this week. Not a lot of mileage -- roughly 15K -- but it's real running. And that is huge for me.

No comments: