Thursday, January 26, 2006

Should I stay or should I go?

Should I run? Should I stay at home? I really should run. But it is getting late and I haven't really eaten that much tonight. That was my dilemma last night. I filed my last story on the never-ending saga of NB Power's rate hike around 8:30. I was mentally exhausted and thought I was too tired to run. At one point I had told myself to forget about running. Then the battle of my inner angel and demon broke out and the running angel won the day. In an effort to assuage the little anti-running devil, I decided to take Belle out for one loop of the neighbourhood. And once I dropped her off, I would pick up the pace, essentially a little tempo run.

I started easy running with Belle with splits of: 5:14, 5:15 and 4:46. I put her inside and picked up the pace in the final four K: 4:11, 4:17 , 4:09 and 4:14. My max HR made it up to 192 with my average HR at 176. Belle is a wonderful 5:15 pace dog. I should make sure to bring her out more often when I want to keep the pace down. However, she keeps walking and then sprinting. I can't keep an even pace with her, hopefully, she can learn to run a bit more consistently. But then again, she is awfully cute when she runs with the leash in her mouth.

No comments: